ServiceNow Fundamentals is designed for users with various organizational roles who are expected to work within the NOW Platform®. During this three‑day interactive training course, attendees will learn about the NOW Platform® User Interface, gain a basic knowledge of the database schema, understand uses for commonly accessed applications, and be introduced to advanced features and functionality, such as scripting and application development.
The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands‑on practice delivered in a wide variety of labs complete with user stories.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all users; those experienced with ServiceNow or brand new to the platform and looking to learn about the fundamental platform features.
Following this course, ServiceNow recommends that attendees have at least two to three months of hands‑on experience with ServiceNow before attempting the Certification Exam.
Module 1 User Interface and Navigation
Objectives: Configure Navigation, UI, Search and Branding options, Manage Lists and Forms, learn about plugins, the ServiceNow Mobile Platform, and Connect collaboration tools.
- UI Essentials Lab: Configure Navigation, Search, UI and Branding Options.
- Configuration Essentials Lab: Manage Lists and Forms and activate plugins.
Module 2 Collaboration
Objectives: Configure User Accounts, Groups, and Roles. User Administration Lab: Add Users, add new Group automatically associated with New User Record, Assign Roles to a Group, Add Users to new Groups, Create and test New Assignment Rule.
Module 3 Database Administration
Objectives: Work with Tables, Import data, add Configuration Items (Cis) to the CMDB, and Reporting tools.
- Tables Lab: Create new table, Applications and Modules.
- Import Sets Lab: Work with Import Sets and Transform Maps.
- CMDB Lab: Add and Map Cis.
- Reporting Lab: Configure and run Reports.
Module 4 Self-Service and Process Automation
Objectives: Work with key ServiceNow Platforms Applications: Knowledge Base, Service Catalog, Workflows, and SLAs.
- Knowledge Base Lab: Create and Attach Knowledge Base Article.
- Service Catalog Lab: Create Service Catalog Items and add variables.
- Workflows Lab: Work with Workflow Activities and Approvals.
- SLAs Lab: Define an SLA for Catalog Requests.
Module 5 Intro to Scripting and Application Tools
Objectives: Work with UI Policies, Data Policies, UI Actions, Business Rules and Client Scripts, Configure Application Security, Work with Notifications.
- Policies and Interactions Lab: Work with UI Policies, Data Policies, UI Actions, Business Rules and Client Scripts.
- Application Security Lab: Provide Application and Module Access for a specified role, create an Access Control Rule to allow record Read Access, Create an Access Control Rule to restrict column Read Access.
- Notifications Lab: Create a Notification based upon a Business Rule, then configure and send an email notification.
Module 6 Capstone Project
The Capstone Project has 8 task categories to guide to your deployment.
2019 ServiceNow, Inc. All rights reserved.
ServiceNow and the ServiceNow logo are trademarks of ServiceNow,Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders