MS-10997 – Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting
This is a three-day Instructor Led Training (ILT) course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in administering, configuring, troubleshooting, and operating Microsoft Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. This course focuses on skills required to administer and troubleshoot Office 365 tenant and key services of Office 365, such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business. It also covers security and compliance features of Office 365.
THIS COURSE USES ONLY DIGITAL CURRICULUM
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or newer.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or newer, Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business 2015 Server, and SharePoint Server 2013 or newer is beneficial but not required.
- An understanding of the following concepts as they relate to Office 365:
- Understanding of Microsoft cloud services.
- Understanding of the Office 365 platform.
DETAILED CLASS SYLLABUS
MODULE 1: OFFICE 365 SERVICES OVERVIEW
Overview of Office 365 services
Office 365 licensing overview
Office 365 tenant configuration
Office 365 clients
MODULE 2: OFFICE 365 ADMINISTRATION, TOOLS, AND TECHNIQUES
Managing Office 365 with administrative portals
Managing Office 365 with Windows PowerShell
Managing administrative access in Office 365
Troubleshooting administration in Office 365
MODULE 3: ADMINISTERING AND TROUBLESHOOTING DIRECTORY SYNCHRONIZATION AND DIRECTORY OBJECTS
Describe directory synchronization and federation overview.
Explain Azure AD Connect management.
Manage users and group objects in Office 365.
Troubleshoot objects and directory synchronization in Office 365.
MODULE 4: ADMINISTERING AND TROUBLESHOOTING MICROSOFT EXCHANGE ONLINE
Overview of Exchange Online management
Administering Exchange Online recipients
Administering client access policies in Exchange Online
Troubleshooting Exchange Online
MODULE 5: ADMINISTERING AND TROUBLESHOOTING SKYPE FOR BUSINESS
Skype for Business management overview
Administering users and connectivity in Skype for Business
Troubleshooting Skype for Business
MODULE 6: ADMINISTERING AND TROUBLESHOOTING SHAREPOINT ONLINE
SharePoint Online management overview
Administering SharePoint Online site collections
Administering external users in SharePoint Online
Configuring OneDrive for Business
Troubleshooting SharePoint Online
MODULE 7: PLANNING AND DEPLOYING OFFICE 365 PROPLUS
Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
Managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
Troubleshooting Office 365 ProPlus deployments
MODULE 8: ADMINISTERING AND TROUBLESHOOTING COMPLIANCE AND SECURITY IN OFFICE 365
Overview of compliance features in Office 365
Administering Azure Rights Management in Office 365
Administering compliance features in Office 365
Configuring and administering email security in Office 365
Troubleshooting Office 365 compliance and protection