Lean I.T. Foundation
IT organizations are constantly seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction, service quality and value for the business. Lean IT is applied to transform your IT organization to a customer-focused, efficient and transparent IT organization that can deliver sustainable results to the business. The Lean IT Association Foundation training covers all elements to introduce you to Lean IT. After completion of the training, you will be able to participate effectively in a Lean IT transformation program. Many organizations have adopted Lean in order to increase customer satisfaction and to achieve greater strategic and financial value.
Lean for IT Principles
- Increasing customer value
- Eliminating waste (work that does not add value)
- Management as a facilitator
- The involvement of all employees
- Continual improvement
- Preserving value with less work.
Course objectives Lean IT Foundation
- Be familiar with and have knowledge of the basic concepts of Lean and its core principles
- Be acquainted with the use of several Lean IT analysis tools
- Have an insight into what Lean IT can mean for an organization
- Have an understanding of the application of the Lean philosophy in an IT environment
- Be able to apply the principles of Lean practices under the guidance of a Lean expert.
The Lean IT Association Foundation Training is two days (designated sessions are alternatively four half-days). During the training, you will learn the fundamentals of Lean and how to apply Lean in an IT domain. In the training you will practice with exercises to build hands-on skills. The training will introduce you to the softer aspects of Lean IT like change approaches and how to change people’s behavior and attitude. All the exercises are related to IT, but no technical IT knowledge is required. This course is delivered using an exciting case study designed to further enhance the candidates understanding of Lean for IT. Students who have attended this course are prepared to successfully take the associated Lean IT Association Foundation certification exam which is a requirement for attending any of the further Lean courses available in this track.
Benefits for Individuals
- Apply the principles of Lean IT practices to provide necessary insight into business services and support IT assets, employees and processes.
- Be acquainted with the use of several Lean analysis tools and have an understanding of the application of the Lean IT philosophy in an IT environment.
- Provide insight into customer experience and identify the cause of problems to increase customer satisfaction.
- Align business services with IT to evaluate a service delivery solution and identify and reduce non-value adding activity.
- Streamline and automate compliance processes to lessen cost and risk.
- Designations are available to successful Kaizen and Leadership candidates.
Certification and Exam
The purpose of the Lean IT Foundation certificate is to certify that you have gained knowledge of the Lean terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of Lean practices. The Lean IT Foundation Certificate is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the Lean practices under guidance of a Lean expert. The exam is multiple choice (40 questions)
About the Lean IT Association (LITA)
This lean certification is developed by the Lean IT Association (LITA). LITA is a non-profit organization founded by ITpreneurs, Pink Elephant, Quint Wellington Redwood, APMG, EXIN, and PEOPLECERT. for more information see http://www.leanitassociation.com
Students will receive a Lean IT Association Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, the case study, the book Lean Thinking and sample exam questions.