ITIL® 4 Foundation
Duration: 3 days
The new ITIL 4 Foundation course will introduce students to the key components of the ITIL 4 framework. They are the Service Value System and the Four Dimensions model. While v3 focused on the 26 processes and functions included in the service lifecycle, ITIL 4 provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of Foundation is to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
The ITIL® 4 Foundations course will:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of value for customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, Any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive an ITIL® 4 Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study, exam syllabi, and sample exams.
Key Concepts and Terms
Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Organizations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
ITIL Service Value System
ITIL Guiding Principles
- Focus on Value
- Start Where You Are
- Progress Iteratively with Feedback
- Collaborate and Promote Visibility
- Think and Work Holistically
- Keep it Simple and Practical
- Optimize and Automate
Service Value Chain
- General Management Practices
- Continual Improvement
- Information Security Management
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Management Practices
- Change Control
- Incident Management
- IT Asset Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Problem Management
- Release Management
- Service Configuration Management
- Service Desk
- Service Level Management
- Service Request Management
- Technical Management Practices
- Deployment Management
Appendix A—Practices not covered in the Foundation Course
Appendix B—Service Value Chain Example: Handling an incident
Appendix C—Heatmap Examples
Appendix D—ITIL Certification Structure
Appendix E—Glossary of Terms
About the Course:
Students will receive at least 2 days of in class instruction and study.
The maximum number of candidates per class is 25.
About the Examination:
- The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper based or Online.
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate, students will be recognized with certification and have the pre-requisite completed for all additional ITIL 4 certification courses.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.