COURSE NAME: ITSM for DevOps℠
Accelerating ITSM for DevOps
Organizations adopting a DevOps culture and practices are able to deliver high-quality software faster, which means the business can deliver value to customers faster. ITSM processes are vital to organizations achieving this success.
DevOps doesn’t eliminate the need for controls and data. Regulatory controls and audits still exist and risks and impacts must still be managed. ITSM for DevOps introduces ways to achieve both speed and control while driving value across the IT value stream.
This non-certification course describes how to adapt IT service management (ITSM) processes in support of DevOps. You will learn and practice pragmatic approaches for streamlining and automating existing ITSM processes and for handling compliance as code.
The learning objectives for this non-certification course include a practical understanding of:
- The DevOps transformation
- How ITSM is viewed as a constraint
- How DevOps introduces new ways of thinking and working
- How to adapt ITSM processes in support of DevOps
- ITSM process integration and automation
- How to leverage Lean and Agile methods to reduce waste and positively impact both the cost and quality of processes and services
COURSE I STUDENT MATERIALS:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
This is a non-certification “Drilldown” workshop accredited by the DevOps Institute. Drilldown courses provide deeper knowledge about a specific practice within the DevOps spectrum. Drilldown courses are excellent add-ons to certification courses such as DevOps Foundation or any of the DevOps Practitioner series skill-based certifications.
- None required
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT service management (e.g., ITIL®) processes (recommended)
- Anyone interested in modernizing ITSM processes in support of a DevOps or digital transformation
- ITSM process owners, process managers and stakeholders
- IT transformation leaders, coaches and managers
- Consultants guiding their clients through DevOps-related process improvement initiatives