Delve into the essential components of COBIT 5 to learn how it covers the business end-to-end and helps you effectively govern and manage enterprise IT. Developed for anyone interested in obtaining foundation-level knowledge of COBIT, the course explains the COBIT framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
Earn up to 21 CPE Credits* for attending this course!
*CPE Credits are calculated based on the number of active hours of participation.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon the successful completion of this training course, candidates will know:
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
- IT auditors
- IT managers
- IT quality professionals
- IT leadership
- IT developers
- Process practitioners
- Managers in IT service providing firms
Course Schedule – Topics & Activities
1. Overview & Key Features of COBIT 5
- The business case for COBIT 5
- The key differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5
2. The COBIT 5 Principles
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Covering the Enterprise End to End
- Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Separating Governance From Management
3. The COBIT 5 Enablers
- Principles, Policies, and Frameworks
- Organizational Structures
- Culture, Ethics and Behavior
- Services, Infrastructure, and Applications
- People, Skills, and Competencies
4. Introduction to COBIT 5 Implementation
- What are the Drivers?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- What needs to be done?
- How do we get there?
- Did we get there?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
5. Process Capability Assessment Model
- Essential elements of the model
- Differences between the COBIT 4.1 Maturity Model and the COBIT 5 Process Capability Model
- Performing a capability assessment
6. Representative Case Study
7. Exam Preparation
8. Foundation Exam
*Topics and activities may vary by class and instructor.