Whether you are new to business analysis, or are experienced and want a more formal approach, it’s essential to know and practice the “basics.” This course provides you with the foundational skills you need to deliver value to your stakeholders and organization. You will learn how to help your business clients articulate their business problem or opportunity, plan business analysis activities, as well as learn the basics of eliciting, analyzing, documenting, managing and communicating requirements through the life cycle of the project. By grasping these foundational skills, you can contribute significantly to the success of your organization’s projects.
- Articulate the key activities and artifacts of a business analyst.
- Increase project success by better defining the business need.
- Plan the requirements effort to ensure optimal productivity.
- Identify and analyze stakeholders and learn to optimize stakeholder communication.
- Reduce rework by eliciting and discovering requirements correctly the first time.
- Document “good” requirements by writing them clearly, concisely, and completely using simple templates.
- Learn how to trace and prioritize requirements to ensure they link to business value.
New business analysts, people that have project experience but have not had formal BA training, or experienced BAs and project managers who want a more formal and industry-standard business analysis approach will gain new skills and methods from this course.
Participants should have worked at least one project
To help assimilate the tools and techniques learned, there is a mixture of individual and team exercises throughout the course. A lively role play, workshops, and case study help reinforce concepts learned. Students should be prepared for a high level of participation. Each participant will receive a comprehensive student guide complete with examples and handouts for future reference.
- Requirements Overview
- Define the Business Need
- Plan for Business Analysis
- Elicit Requirements
- Document and Analyze Requirements
- Manage & Communicate Requirements